So much has happened since I last blogged…This is the list.
1. I have officially changed homegroups. I loved my previous group, but the new group is made up of people that I see on a regular basis and with whom I interact socially at least three days a week. Plus, they asked me to become the GSR for the group, which is a good move in the service world for me.
2. I have let a sponsee go. He just wasn’t taking any of the suggestions giving. He was also dishonest and defensively secretive about his prescription drug use. Whether it was prescription pain killers, Coladapin, or other SSRI meds, he was unwilling to talk about them and also unwilling to investigate alternative, non-pharmaceutical methods to ease pain. In short he is afraid of losing his ba-ba.
3. Maintenance work on my house has been progressing smoothly. This is a long time in coming and the place needs it. Right now the roof is being repaired. Next up, some sill work, replacing some rotting wood. Next, a re-vamping of the curtain drains. After that, some sealing in the basement so the old fieldstone foundation ceases its weeping when it rains. Then some stonewall re-building. If I can have this all done by fall 2008, we will be in good shape.
4. School is beginning soon and although I have completed all the reading already, I am eager and nervous. My PowerPoint slide show on digital photography is progressing smoothly and I have set a completion date for mid-September.
5. Today is my former sponsors AA anniversary. I will be attending the event at my old (old-er) homegroup across the border in Massachusetts. I haven’t been to a noon meeting in many months and I haven’t spoken to him since we parted ways over a year ago. I am very nervous and humbled by the thought of this encounter. Prayer will pave the way and give me strength.
6. I am still the coffee maker at my other ‘homegroup’ and will scoot out around 5PM today and go to Connecticut and make the stuff, set up, etc…Then scoot back across the border to NY and attend yet another celebration at my ‘new’ homegroup.
It’s a busy day for Johnnyboy, and a busy and fulfilling sobriety that allows me to be in several places within this 24 hours.